Here the wrap-up of my September reads which was one of the most rewarding months this year so far!
All the 4 books you see on the top of the stack, I have absolutely adored! The last one, “Memory Police”, was read in an eBook format for a change & I was really glad that I didn’t get the paper version… There was such a hype around it, being present on this year’s shortlist of the International Booker Prize but I was completely disappointed by it!
Here the list of all the books read in the order of the ratings that I have given them, from the best to the worst (the complete reviews are linked within the titles of the books):
• “The Discomfort of Evening” – Marieke Lucas Rijneveld
• “Couchsurfing in China” – Stephan Orth
• “Selfish, Shallow and Self-Absorbed” – Meghan Daum
• “Future Crimes” – Marc Goodman
• “The Memory Police” – Yoko Ogawa