This month has simply passed by in a flash for me :O I managed to squeeze in one extra little book into my monthly goal of 5 reads and surprisingly, a French one! Hoping that this is something I’ll be able to add on more of throughout the year, diversifying my reading languages even more.
For the books that I got through in January 2021:
- Concerning the book impressions, I have almost had the entire palette of ratings this month! From the good to the bad, it has been quite a roller coaster of reading experiences;
- 5 out of the 6 mentioned titles have been read for book clubs (“Schreibtisch mit Aussicht” having been my only personal pick of the month) & that’s something I’d like to try to take a bit of a pause on in February (aka feeling tired of zoom video calls, missing in-person meetings & struggling to get a word in during huge group discussions 😅);
- This month has been dominantly non-fiction, with 4 out of the 6 books.
Here the list of all the books read in the order of the ratings that I have given them, from the best to the worst (the complete reviews are linked within the titles of the books):
• “Syria’s Secret Library” – Mike Thomson
• “Schreibtisch mit Aussicht” – Ilka Piepgras
• “21 Lessons for the 21st Century” – Yuval Noah Harari
• “Bonjour Tristesse” – Françoise Sagan
• “The Midnight Library” – Matt Haig
• “The Book Collectors of Daraya” – Delphine Minoui